Provide a collection of preinstalled custom actions, which can be enabled
Submitted by Alexander Schwinn
Assigned to Xfce Bug Triage
Currently a long list of all sort of possible custom actions exists in the Wiki: https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/custom-actions
However we only provide a single one by default, which is "open terminal here". And I bet many users dont even know about the existence of the wiki page.
So the idea would be:
allsome UCA's we have on the Wiki page to thunar per default (Side effect: Translations for all predefined ucas possible)
- Add some bool attribute "enabled" to each uca. So that we can only enable "open terminal here" by default. Disabled ucas should be grayed out in the uca-list, and ofc not shown in the context menu.
- We can check if required packages for a specific uca are installed and give an error if not installed on toggle "enabled".
You would like such a feature ?
I explicitly dont want to follow the dolphin approach (load "services" from a server, just like an appstore), since I think it is a potential security risk to bypass the package manager and execute 3rd party code just like that.
Preinstalled UCAS agreed on (all disabled by default):
- Catfish (not needed any more, since meanwhile we have recursive search inside thunar)
- Rotating JPEGs
- Creating a symbolic link
UCAS to be discussed:
- Move files into a new folder
- Create a hardlink
- Open root terminal here (gksu not available any more in ubuntu/mint ... use "admin://" instead ?)
- Open thunar as root here
- Edit file as root