Many copyright notices have GPL and LGPL mixed up
Submitted by Michał Górny
Assigned to Nick Schermer
It seems to be a problem common to the plugins subtree. See e.g. plugins/systray/systray-manager.c:
- Copyright (c) 2002 Anders Carlsson firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright (c) 2003-2004 Benedikt Meurer email@example.com
- Copyright (c) 2003-2004 Olivier Fourdan firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright (c) 2003-2006 Vincent Untz
- Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Nick Schermer email@example.com
- This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
- under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
- Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option)
- any later version.
- This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
- ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
- FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for
- more details.
- You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
- License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
- Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA */
Note that the firt two clauses refer to GPL. However, the last clause refers to LGPL instead. While that isn't technically a legal problem, it is confusing.