Wrap workspaces depending on the actual desktop layout not working after logout/reboot
Submitted by kafran
The "wrap workspaces depending on the actual desktop layout" is not working after a logout or reboot, saving or not the session. After the reboot, a 2x2 workspace layout will wrap only horizontally. Un-checking and Re-checking the "wrap workspaces depending on the actual desktop layout" on "Window Manager Tweaks > Workspaces" doesn't work. Removing and re-adding the applet "Workspace Switcher" to the panel and reconfiguring it as 2x2 layout make it work again.
OS: Xubuntu 14.04.4 / XFCE 4.12.0 from xubuntu-dev ppa (also tried on Fedora 23)
Panel layout: on Xubuntu: Deskbar / on Fedora: horizontal
Steps to reproduce:
- Open Window Manager Tweak > Worspaces
- Check "Wrap workspaces depending on the actual desktop layout"
- Check "Wrap workspaces when the first or the last workspace is reached"
- Open Window Manager > Advanced
- Check "With the mouse pointer"
- Add the applet "Workspace Switcher" to panel
- On workspace settings "Number of workspaces = 4"
- On Workspace Switcher properties "Number of rows = 2"
- Change workspaces moving the mouse pointer to right/left/top/bottom edges
- "Wrap workspaces depending on the actual desktop layout" is not working anymore
- Remove the "Workspace Switcher" from the panel. Re-add and re-configure the applet.
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #1512 +++
I have my workspaces set up in a 2x2 square and I have wrap workspaces enabled. I've had this setup for years. When I upgraded to 4.2.3, something strange happened. The pointer would wrap sideways, but not up and down. If I was dragging a window, it worked fine.
Unchecking and rechecking the option in the window manager settings dialog made it work again.
Reproducible: Didn't try